Application Scope of this Policy
This Policy applies to all users and visitors of this website.
The Human Rights Commission’s website and its services and other sites linked in it are available for your personal use, and your login and use of this website are subject to these terms and conditions of use and to the Laws in force in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Likewise, your access to the website and its services constitutes unconditional approval on the terms and conditions of use, whether you are a registered user or not, and this approval is effective from the date of your first use of this website. Any modification to these terms and conditions becomes effective immediately upon its announcement, unless otherwise indicated. Your continued use of this website after the announcement of any modification means that you are fully agreeing to this modification.
Restrictions on Use
By using HRC’s services or websites, you agree to refrain from the following:
- Uploading or downloading files that contain software, materials, data, or other information that you do not own or do not have a license to.
- Uploading or downloading files that contain viruses, corrupted data, or any malicious software, or doing anything that may affect the integrity, reliability, or continued availability of the information on the site.
- Publishing, advertising, distributing, or spreading materials or information that contain defamation, violation of laws, pornographic, or obscene materials, contrary to Islamic teachings or public morals, or any illegal materials or information through the services of HRC.
- Using any means, software, or procedure to intercept or attempt to intercept the sound operation of HRC website.
- Taking any action that imposes an unreasonable, large, or disproportionate load on the infrastructure of HRC website.
- Anything that constitutes a violation to the Anti-Cyber Crime Law or any other related law in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Using links to the Human Rights Commission’s website
- It is prohibited to create any electronic links related to the website or display any of them in a framework, or place their links in any website except for placing links related to services on websites whose objectives and general direction do not conflict with the objectives, policies, and frameworks of the Human Rights Commission.
- HRC shall not be considered, in any way, participating in or associated in any way with any signs, logos, commercial or service symbols, or any other means used or appearing on some of the website’s services or any of its contents, unless it is approved by its competent departments.
- HRC reserves all its rights to stop and disable any link in any way from any website that is not authorized or that contains inappropriate, obscene, defamatory, infringing, obscene, pornographic, inappropriate, unacceptable, or illegal topics, names, materials, or information that violate any law or violate any public or private rights.
- HRC assumes no responsibility for the contents available on any other site accessed through this website or accessed through HRC services.
Using links from HRC’s services
- Links to other websites and services are provided for convenience. HRC assumes no responsibility for any contents or credibility of the services and websites to which it is linked, and it does not approve their contents. Accordingly, the use of any of these links to access websites or services that are not approved by HRC is at the user’s risk.
- HRC does not guarantee the validity of electronic links linked to other websites.
- HRC assumes no responsibility for the contents available on any other website accessed through this website or accessed through HRC services.
- The General Department of Information Technology at the Human Rights Commission supervises this website technically, and all the contents of the website, including services and information, are considered property of HRC, and are fully protected in accordance with Saudi Laws on copyright, trademarks, and intellectual property rights.
- Unless otherwise stated, the website services and materials may not be sold, licensed, rented, modified, copied, duplicated, reprinted, uploaded, advertised, transmitted, distributed, publicly displayed, edited, or duplicated for public or commercial purposes, without obtaining the prior consent of the General Department of Information Technology at HRC. This provision does not apply to the scientific and research purposes and spreading awareness, where the same are permitted, provided that a reference is made to the website.
- It is strictly forbidden to modify any of the contents of the website.
- The graphs and images on this website are protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced or exploited in any way whatsoever without the prior written consent of the General Department of Information Technology at HRC.
Termination of Use
HRC may, at its absolute discretion, terminate, restrict, or suspend the user’s right to access and use the website’s services without notice and for any reason, including violation of the use terms and conditions or any other behavior that HRC may consider, in its discretion, to be illegal or harmful to others. In the event of termination, the user will not be authorized to access these services.
The user hereby agrees to exclusively subject to the judicial authorities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia with regard to all claims and disputes that arise from your use of this Portal.
Limitation of Liability
The electronic services provided on HRC’s website for the public and various government agencies are intended only to facilitate manual procedures. Hence, the user acknowledges his/her full knowledge that communication via the Internet may be subject to interference or interruption by third parties, and that the website and its services do not replace the information available through the official authorities, and that the administrative requests and procedures can be taken directly before the competent authorities. Accordingly, login to this website remains at the user’s responsibility, and HRC is not in any way responsible for any losses or damages of any kind that the user may incur. In addition, HRC is not responsible for any harm that the user may incur as a result of his/her reliance on any statement, opinion, or advertisement on the website, any delay in operation, connection failure, failure to access the Internet, malfunctions of equipment or software, or the behavior or thoughts of any person login to this website. Therefore, the user hereby acknowledges and agrees that his/her exclusive and sole remedy for any damage or loss that may occur as a result of his/her login or use of this website is to refrain from using or logging in to the same.
The Human Rights Commission makes every effort to examine and test the contents of the website, and the user shall run anti-virus software in all materials s/he downloads from the website. HRC shall not be liable for any loss, interruption, or damage to the user’s data and equipment when using the website or the materials downloaded.
Waiver of Claims
- HRC’s website and the services, information, materials, and functions available on it, or that can be accessed through it, are provided to the user “as is” and “as available”, without any representation, promises, or guarantees of any kind. HRC cannot guarantee nor it bears responsibility for any interruptions, errors, or abuses that may arise from the use of this website or its contents or any site linked to it, whether with or without its knowledge.
- The user does not have the right to own any communications or information that s/he may send through this website services or the right to guarantee their confidentiality. Any use or interactive use included in these services does not guarantee the user any rights, licenses, or any privileges of any kind.
The user acknowledges that s/he will not take any action against HRC or its employees or those responsible for managing, maintaining, updating, or providing the website’s services. The user further relieves HRC from all obligations, responsibilities, and compensation arising from the use of the services, whether s/he breaches some of the use terms and conditions, or any of the laws in force, whether in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia or in the place in which s/he resides or otherwise.
Standards for Electronic Comments and Participation
All comments added in the electronic participation channels are subject to a filtering process in order to ensure that the commenter adheres to the standards and controls for posting comments. The Administration has the right not to post any comments that it deems inappropriate for publication, noting that the standards for posting comments include the following:
- The commenter shall abide by public morals, the Kingdom’s law and Islamic teachings, and shall avoid using any inappropriate phrases or obscene words.
- The comment shall be focused on the subject under discussion and not deviate from it in any way.
- Avoiding any personal criticism that does not aim to enrich the idea under discussion.
- Avoiding sectarian strife and any racist issues or sectarian differences.
- Doble-checking when writing any Qur’anic verses or religious opinions, and it is preferable not to leave these issues to specialists.
- Avoiding writing any personal information, including any contact information.
Cookies may be used in the electronic exchange processes for serving the user in a better way. A cookie is an element of data that an online service may send to a browser and may be stored on a user’s computer. The cookies that are placed on the user’s computer are intended only to facilitate browsing the websites and do not serve any other functions.